Leigh Fitchett, founder and principal of Fitchett & Co, Employment Law Specialists, is a solicitor who specialises and practises only in the field of Employment Law.
After graduating from Cambridge University, Leigh specialised in Employment Law in the City of London, working in the City law firms of Lovells (now Hogan Lovells), Richards Butler (now Reed Smith LLP) and Theodore Goddard (now Addleshaw Goddard LLP).
In the 1990s Leigh broke away from the City to set up a niche practice specialising in Employment Law and became an adviser to an Industrial Relations Consultancy. He then merged with the firm of Heald Nickinson Solicitors, being the Consultant within that practice specialising in Employment Law for many years.
Leigh subsequently took his practice back out of Heald Nickinson but remained as a Solicitor specialising in Employment Law within Surrey and the South East by founding the market-leading boutique law firm of Fitchett & Co, Employment Law Specialists, based in Guildford.
Leigh Fitchett MA
University of Cambridge
The College of Law - Solicitors Common Professional Examination
The College of Law - The Solicitors Final Examination
- Representing an individual in a case in the Employment Tribunal for unfair dismissal involving a "rigged" and improper redundancy selection criteria.
- Representing an individual teacher against an Education Authority in an appeal to The Employment Appeal Tribunal in a claim of disability discrimination.
- Representing a large international manufacturing company in a case in the Employment Tribunal involving a redundancy/unfair dismissal claim.
- Representing a local authority in a case of racial discrimination involving comments allegedly made by a third party.
- Representing an individual in the High Court in a multi-million pound case involving a Director's Bonus Agreement.
- Representing a large international car manufacturing company in a case in the Employment Tribunal against an allegation of harassment involving alleged "banter" regarding the Claimant being "gay".
- Representing a large chain of restaurants in a claim brought against it by the County Court for Equal Pay under the Equal Pay Legislation.
- Representing a television company in an appeal to. the Employment Appeal Tribunal in a Redundancy Selection/Unfair Dismissal claim.
Genuine Employment Law Specialists!