A job advert for a new London bar sparked outrage for requesting only “extremely attractive” staff to apply. Posting vacancies for £10-an-hour waiting jobs, the unnamed Shoreditch jazz bar stated that female applicants must have (along with a minimum of one year’s experience) a “fun, lively attitude”. The advert, found on employment website Reed.co.uk, also …
- Shocked by its own record: why the Department for Work and Pensions must do better.
- Coronavirus (Covid 19) : advice for employers and employees
- The office party: an employer’s guide to avoiding the nightmare before Christmas.
- Choose your words carefully: jobseekers advised to avoid words such as ‘depression’
- The long wait for justice: why employment claims are taking much longer to be heard.